LTC Class (Formerly CHL)
PLEASE USE THIS LINK TO SIGN UP:
This course only covers the class and range portion of getting a License to Carry. You still need to go to the Texas Department of Public Safety website to complete the application online:
Private LTC classes are also available. Call for further details: 210-858-6882
- You must be 21 (18 for Military & Veterans) years of age when DPS receives the full application.
- If you are a citizen of another country you must have a resident visa.
- If you have a Felony conviction with deferred adjudication, you must wait 10 years to apply unless the charge is for offenses against people, which includes homicide, kidnapping, restraint, human trafficking, sex offenses and assaults or Robbery.
- You may NOT have been convicted of a Class A or B misdemeanor within the last 5 years.
- You may NOT have been convicted of the Class C misdemeanor for Disorderly Conduct in the last 5 years.
- You may NOT have been found by a court to be Currently in default on any student loan.
- You may NOT have been found by a court to be Currently in default on any state or city taxes.
- You may NOT have been found by a court to be Currently in default on child support.
- You may NOT presently be charged with a: 1)Felony; 2)Class A or B misdemeanor; 3)Class C Disorderly Conduct.
- You may NOT be currently under a court protective order or subject to a restraining order affecting the spousal relationship, other than a restraining order solely affecting property interest.
- You may NOT (in the last 10 years preceding the date of application) have been adjudicated as having engaged in delinquent conduct violating a penal law of the grade of felony as a juvenile.
- You cannot have made any material misrepresentation, or failed to disclose any material fact, in an application submitted to DPS.
- You cannot have been convicted twice within the last 10 years for any Class B misdemeanor, or greater, involving the use of alcohol or a controlled substance.
- You cannot be a fugitive from justice; a chemically dependent person; or a person of unsound mind.